Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's Hard

Being a stay at home dad, and running a small business at the same time is hard.  It seems as though I'm either caring for my 15 month old, or caring for my business.  As for time for myself on weekdays, at about 8:00 or 9:00 I get home, fix supper, or eat supper, then go to bed.  It is a challenge and right now I am feeling very much overwhelmed by it.  In an odd stroke of luck, the baby and the dog are both asleep, so I'm taking a moment to communicate with the outside world.  

What I'm doing is hard, but there are those who have it much harder.  I am struggling to pay bills, but there are others who don't even have the means to struggle.  My business is growing slowly, but other businesses are failing.  I have to remind myself that the key is to keep trying, keep struggling, keep pushing to find a way to accomplish the things I feel called to accomplish.  One day at a time, one obstacle at a time, one challenge at a time.

It is the same as my ten tigers program.  It is hard, but getting through it will be rewarding.  I keep pushing through my program, one pushup at a time, one situp at a time, one act of kindness at a time.  The struggle is half the fun.

And besides, my business did better than GM last year!

No comments: