Monday, March 29, 2010

Why I Want to Be an NSDI Instructor

This fall, my stepdaughter goes off to college. She will be living in a dorm room on campus. In large part, she will be on her own. This is a huge step for her, and we are very, very proud. I know that odds are, she won't have any problems, I know that odds are, she will be completely safe. I also know, that if the odds don't keep her safe, if the security measures in place on campus don't keep her safe, that I won't be there to keep her safe either.

If someone breaks into her room while she is here in my home and she screams that someone will have two adrenalized black belts storming after them in very short order. If it happens at her dorm, I don't know who will be there and how they will respond. There is only one person I trust to keep her safe in this situation.

She will have to do it herself.

I want to arm her with the best tools possible to do it.

I want to learn more about personal safety instruction, so that I can share that with her as soon as possible. I also need to share that with my other daughter who is only two years old.

I can't always be there to protect my daughters, but what I teach them will ALWAYS be with them.

What about your sons and daughters, who will be there for them when they are out on their own?

I am looking for financial help to cover the costs of this program. Once certified I will be offering non profit self defense classes with this system.

No comments: