Thursday, April 2, 2009

Goals

There are a variety of goal setting methods that have been published to maximize one's ability to meet those goals.  The basics of goal setting seem to be fairly universal.

Be positive in how the goals are phrased.  Rather than "Try to stop being so lazy" phrase it, "I will improve my proactivity."

Be precise.  Rather than saying, "I want to lose some of this extra weight." say, "I will lose 15 pounds by walking 30 minutes a day 5 days a week and not eating any more fast foods."

Record your goals and your progress.  Keep yourself honest.

Make your goals realistic and acheivable.  "I will become a better martial artist by training 30 minutes every day," is more acheivable than, "I will learn to walk through brick walls."

Set your goals, then reach for them.

No comments: