Friday, April 17, 2009

Something New

So I have been working on close range sparring lately.  Specifically staying off the ground, while successfully sparring in extreme close range.  It's something new for me.  It is still uncomfortable for me, and I get hit more often when I do it, than when I stay in my comfort zone.

That is what happens when you step outside your comfort zone.  Things are uncomfortable, challenging, exciting, and difficult.  If they weren't, we wouldn't call it a comfort zone.

Also, when you step outside your comfort zone, you learns.

There is only so much that can be accomplished by doing the same thing today that was done yesterday, and doing the same thing tomorrow that was done today.

So my challenge for today is for you to do something outside your comfort zone, try something a little different, break your routine.  It can be a simple little thing or a whole new project, as long as it is something new and different.

No comments: